November 18, 2009

Halloween 2009

Brooks and I spent Halloween with my parents and brothers this year.
We carved pumpkins the day before and I had the bright idea of carving a piggy pumpkin in the light of the scariest thing around this year, SWINE FLU.
I bought my costume on ebay about a month early and got it for about 4$ (its regularly $49.99!)
I tried and tried to get my husband to dress up.
I knew that everyone at the party would be dressed up and didn't want him to feel left out.
he said it was fine and he went not dressed up but everyone kind of talked him into doing SOMETHING. so, he painted his face and wore a wig and hat.
I'm not exactly sure what he looked like, you can decide. haha
My mom dressed up as a gypsy and my dad was dressed as the puppeteer from Pinocchio.
mind you, my mom made BOTH of these costumes.

My little brother, Jared dressed as a "redneck", though he hardly dressed up. all he had to do was put a wig on, and voila!! (he's already a hick)

Here's a picture of me trying on his wig. hahaha

My other little brother, Clancy dressed up as something scary that slips my mind right now.. I'm not sure if we got a picture of it :( we didnt.

We had a spook ally in the basement for the kids and had an amazing turn-out for the adult party. My parents had such a great time hosting this party and I'm glad that they did.
My mom subpoenaed him two days later for a divorce so I tried to savor the moment of my family being happy together for one last time.

1 comment: